ComicLab Ep 95: Social Media Has Evolved — Have You?
This episode of ComicLab is sponsored by Wacom! In this week’s show, the ComicLab guys discuss “The Webcomics Business Model.” What is it, anyway?? Also, social media has evolved, but many independent creators haven’t kept up. And finally, should an aspiring cartoonist go to art school?
BUT FIRST… Brad’s son asks the Big Question: “Why is Brad talking to his wife as if she’s Dave Kellett?”
- What is THE Webcomics Business Model?
- Social media has evolved. Have you?
- What has 40k Instagram followers brought to Dave Kellett? Very little, it seems…
- Facebook’s alleged lies about video stats is accused of ruining some online publishers…
- …but why did those publishers stay the course even AFTER they realized they’d made a wrong turn??
- Organic reach vs inorganic reach, and why Brad is a Big Believer of organic
- Brad and Dave discover that they are about five years ahead of the curve on podcasting, and it’s all because of webcomics.
- Should a person interested in comics go to art school — and if so, where and when?