ComicLab Ep 263 — 2022… Nailed it or Failed it?
At the beginning of the year, Dave and Brad made some bold predictions — involving Kickstarter, Substack, NFTs, blockchain, and more! As they bid a fond farewell to 2022, they take a moment to see how many they nailed… and how many they failed.
ON THIS WEEK’S SHOW…
- NAILED IT: Kickstarter will back off blockchain
- FAILED IT: Patreon will launch a Kickstarter competitor
- NAILED IT: Cryptocurrency and NFTs will recede… for different reasons!
- NAILED IT: Substack creators who took the signing deal in 2021 will grapple with their “Day 366”
- FAILED IT: Comic conventions will attempt a comeback… and have disappointing results
- NAILED IT: Paper shortages and shipping delays will continue to vex creators’ ability to create physical goods
- FAILED IT: Because of the preceding prediction, Patreon’s base of creators will take another big jump
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
Listen to ComicLab on…