ComicLab Ep 243 — “I made a plagiarism — but I LIKE it! …Do I HAVE to change it?”
Cartoonists Brad Guigar and Dave Kellett give advice to a comics artist who realizes that they’d accidentally plagiarized a character from someone else… but they like their character so much they just don’t want to change it! Is there a plagiarism loophole? But FIRST… there’s a lot of news and updates to cover!
ON THIS WEEK’S SHOW…
- Oni Press lays off senior staff, faces allegations of unpaid labor
- TokyoPop is back — but they have a long (and contentious) history with creators.
- Substack: “Day 366” has come for many comics creators who took the Substack grant.
- Tapas lays off 30% of staff
- Shopify lays off 10% of staff
- DinoKIckstarter.com — and tracking URLs
- Charles Schulz Museum — Brad and Dave will be doing a special LIVE show at the Schulz Museum on Nov. 12 to celebrate what would have been the legendary cartoonist’s 100th birthday.
- “I made a plagiarism — but I LIKE it! …Do I HAVE to change it?”
Listen to ComicLab on…