ComicLab Ep 57: When longtime readers stop reading
Webcomics pros Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking comics! In this episode, they discuss what you should do when you realize you’ve lost longtime readers. Then, where should you work, when you work from home? What kind of day job should you have? And finally… how do some cartoonists produce those amazing sketchbooks?
But first… Dave’s going to Alaska Robotics’ Comics Camp!
- 00:00 — Comics Camp
- 06:10 — Why do longtime readers fall away from your comic, and how can you address it?
- 14:21 — Where should you work, when you work from home?
- 28:00 — What are some things folks need to know before going into comics full time?
- 40:54 — What kind of day job is best — menial or creative?
- 55:43 — How do some artists release those massive sketchbooks?