ComicLab Ep 214 — Predictions for 2022
Cartoonists Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar share their predictions for the new year! How will Kickstarter, Patreon, Cryptocurrency, NFTs and Substack fare in 2022? Today’s show is brought to you by Wacom! Wacom is the maker of the powerful, professional, portable Wacom One!
Questions asked and topics covered…
- Prediction: Kickstarter
- Prediction: Patreon will launch a Kickstarter competitor
- Prediction: Cryptocurrency and NFTs will recede… for different reasons!
- Prediction: Substack creators who took the signing deal in 2021 will grapple with their “Day 366”
- Prediction: Comic conventions will attempt a comeback… and have disappointing results
- Prediction: Paper shortages and shipping delays will
- Prediction: Patreon’s base of creators will take another big jump — due to the additional problems with physical goods caused by the pandemic
- In a couple years, “Sheldon” will turn 25 — does Dave Kellett have any special plans?
- What would your character actually *do*?
Today is a great time to bump up your ComicLab membership to the $10 tier! Patreon backers at that level will get exclusive access to livestream recording sessions — as well as an archive of previous livestreams!
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Listen to ComicLab on…
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.