ComicLab Ep 37 — Why do we hate thought balloons?
Webcomics whackos Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking shop! Brad took a four-week vacation from his comic this summer, and he says it’s the smartest thing he has ever done. THEN we take another swing at the topic of “Goof content vs. Viral content.” Have we over simplified the discussion? NEXT, Dave and Brad note that they’ve been using Bonjoro app all summer long. Are they still as excited about it as they were when they started? And FINALLY, why do we hate thought balloons so much? Is it time to re-think our animosity?
BUT FIRST, Dave’s DriveKickstarter.com funded in ONE DAY! He talks about the strategies he used to pull that off.
- 00:00 — Kickstarter panic
- 01:45 — The strategy that lead to DriveKickstarter.com funding in ONE DAY
- 11:20 — Brad took a four-week vacation from his comic, and it was the best decision ever
- 21:47 — Viral content vs Good content… redux
- 32:40 — Bonjoro… we’ve been using it all summer. Is it working?
- 51:20 — Bonjoro pro tip… why we wave
- 58:08 — Why do we hate thought balloons? Should we re-think their usage?