ComicLab Ep 308 — The New Patreon: The Good, The Bad, and That Logo
Patreon has unveiled a massive update to its service, and we’ll discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly.
ON THIS WEEK’S SHOW…
- The user experience has some significant improvements
- eStore — Buy digital goods.
- Find Creators You Love — a somewhat improved attempt at discoverability
- Member Posts section is being sunsetted
- Anemic analytics. Graphtreon still beats Patreon’s own data.
- Patreon’s pivot to social media. I have lots of places to talk to my fans. Social media is where I go to make NEW fans. That means Discoverability. Where’s that??
- Patreon Chat. It’s a straight 50-50 split. Half of my patrons can’t see/access the chat, and the other half don’t care.
- Making a new post: BAD interface. Separates different parts of the process to different screens. It makes it super awkward to select tiers.
- That logo is laughable. Whoever designed it belongs in the Witless Protection Program.
on November 9, 2023
Posted In: ComicLab