ComicLab Ep 271 — Enshittification
Cory Doctorow’s theory of enshittification describes how platforms die: “First, they are good to their users; then they abuse their users to make things better for their business customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back all the value for themselves. Then, they die.” We’ll talk about that in detail and answer a ComicLab listener who wonders what webcartoonists can do to participate in Free Comic Book Day.
ON THIS WEEK’S SHOW…
- Cory Doctow’s theory of Enshittification
- Update: Dave’s Kickstarter
- What can webcartoonists do for Free Comic Book Day?
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the author of The Webcomics Handbook. Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.
Listen to ComicLab on…
on February 23, 2023
Posted In: ComicLab