ComicLab Ep 27 — Special Guest Zach Weinersmith
Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar welcome webcomics star Zach Weinersmith of SMBC, cerator of BAHfest, and author of several books including Soonish.
BUT FIRST: Dave puzzles over the inherent bizarreness of the Smurfs.
- 00:00 — The economics of LEGOs
- 07:26 — Introducing Zach Weinersmith
- 12:00 — When are you “done” — and when do you go back and “fix” an old comic?
- 21:12 — Overworking a comic
- 25:50 — Creating a font based on his hand-lettering solved Zach’s hand-cramping problems
- 29:53 — How does Zach describe his career?
- 30:50 — Does the New York Times bestseller list matter?
- 36:30 — How do you know when it’s time to quit your day job and start cartooning full time?
- 50:00 — There’s no shame in a day job
- 53:15 — Zach’s creative process
- 01:00:00 — Zach’s foray into political comics
Great rewards when you support ComicLab
$2 — support the show
$5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the editor of Webcomics.com
on July 5, 2018
Posted In: ComicLab