ComicLab Ep 248 — Has Publishing Become Vanity Press?
A recent statistic about the print publishing industry have cartoonists Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar thankful they self-publish. Also… the NFT comics company that reached out to Dave at San Diego Comic Con folded eight days later.
ON THIS WEEK’S SHOW…
- Publishing statistics report 90% of published books sell under 2,000 copies
- What are the disadvantages to self-publishing?
- UPDATE: NFT company dies in 10 days
- Audiobook versions of comics
- Creating videos of comics
Today is a great time to bump up your ComicLab membership to the $10 tier! Patreon backers at that level will get exclusive access to livestream recording sessions — as well as an archive of previous livestreams!
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Listen to ComicLab on…