ComicLab Ep 215 — Is fanart legal?
Cartoonists Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar tackle one of the great debates in comics — Is fanart legal? Today’s show is brought to you by Wacom! Wacom is the maker of the powerful, professional, portable Wacom One!
Questions asked and topics covered…
- Is fan art legal?
- Should you allow others to do fan art of your characters?
- Is posting on Reddit worth the effort?
- Distributing PDFs
- Should I leave Tumblr?
- Studio snacks! What are the best comics-friendly refreshments?
Today is a great time to bump up your ComicLab membership to the $10 tier! Patreon backers at that level will get exclusive access to livestream recording sessions — as well as an archive of previous livestreams!
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Listen to ComicLab on…
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.