ComicLab Ep 18 — Comics awards, pen names and warm-up sketches
The Eisner Award nominations were announced, and there’s a lot to talk about! Then it’s on to questions from out Patreon backers. In a social-media landscape that favors branding the creators themselves over their creations, it it OK to have a pen name? And what’s the best approach to warm-up sketches?
BUT FIRST… Brad hit a monster pothole on a winding Philadelphia thoroughfare, rupturing the tire, forcing him to pull over on a road with no shoulder and wait for AAA Roadside Assistance for over an hour as cars swerved around the curve, narrowly missing collision after collision.
And it was his in-laws’ car.
- 0:00 — Brad hits a pothole in his in-laws’ car
- 10:56 — There are now 5½ hours of ProTips!
- 13:02 — Dave’s recording in his closet. And getting no respect.
- 13:51 — mini-review — the Orbi mesh wifi system
- 15:13 — Drunk ComicLab is coming!
- 17:35 — Brad does a podcast and gets interrupted repeatedly.
- 18:47 — Eisner Award nominations
- 33:33 — The Hugo Awards
- 35:41 — Warm-up sketches
- 38:00 — Doing pencilling/sketches in multiple layers
- 47:50 — Are pen names poison on social media?
on May 3, 2018
Posted In: ComicLab