ComicLab Ep 172 — Patreon Power Hour
Today’s episode is sponsored by Bonjoro — an amazing app that enables you to quickly send personalized welcome and thank you videos to your readers, clients, patrons, or backers. As Twitter launches a subscriber service, we discuss how every platform is introducing subscriptions. Also, after a decade of social-media dominance of the Internet, what happens NEXT? Then, we spend the rest of the hour discussing Patreon best practices.
Questions asked and topics covered…
- Twitter launches Super Follows
- Everything platform is becoming Patreon
- What happens AFTER social media?
- Are comic conventions coming back — and would you go?
- How to create Patreon tiers
- Great ideas for exclusive rewards
- The “Panic” Patreon
- It’s impossible to spam your Patreon backers
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the editor of Webcomics.com Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.
Listen to ComicLab on…
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.