ComicLab Ep 125 — Lore Olympus vs Webtoons
Today’s show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the incredible Wacom One! Recently Webtoons spoiled a reveal in “Lore Olympus” that the creator, Rachel Smythe, had been building towards for years. With that in mind, Dave and Brad return to the topic they broached at the beginning of the year— “Should you build your audience on Webtoons?”
Questions asked and topics covered…
- The problems with building an audience on Webtoons
- Midtown Comics and DC Comics step up to fill the void left by Diamond Comics Distributors, establishing two new distributors — UCS Comics Distributors and Lunar Distribution, respectively.
- Comics featuring dentists, lawyers and doctors are shoo-ins for original-art sales
- Is a three-panel comic inherently better than a four-panel comic?
- Four-panel storyline strips face an uphill battle in audience-building in today’s social-media-dominated publishing landscape
- Coverting social-media comments into Patreon backers
Listen to ComicLab on…