ComicLab Ep 102 — Hiring an Editor
This episode of ComicLab is sponsored by Wacom! On this week’s show, the ComicLab guys talk about hiring an editor. It’s more than catching spelling errors. A good editor can help craft your story and improve your plot.
But first, Dave remembers listening to Gloria’s pregnancy meditation tapes during her first pregnancy.
Questions asked and topics covered…
- What is the best way to ensure you do not inadvertently plagiarize other works?
- Please never use the word “doodling”
- How does an editor compare to having beta readers? Is it worth it?
- In offering exclusive content, do you risk alienating your fan base who have followed you on social media over the years?
- The danger of “never give up” mentality.
Limited-edition ComicLab enamel pins are now available at newevilbook.com and sheldonstore.com!
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the editor of Webcomics.com
Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.
Listen to ComicLab on…
on December 16, 2019
Posted In: ComicLab