ComicLab 225 — Nine Patreon Mistakes that are Costing You Money
Cartoonists Brad Guigar and Dave Kellett discuss mistakes that comic creators are making on Patron that are costing them money. Today’s show is brought to you by Wacom.
Questions asked and topics covered…
- Stop saying “Support me on Patreon!”
- People want things for their money — stop talking about what’s in it for YOU, and start talking about what’s in it for the BACKERS.
- Get rid of your $1 tier
- The $2 level is a Support tier. Don’t give away rewards at this level
- Too many tiers
- Too much CHATTER in your tiers
- Don’t offer Physical rewards
- Social media messaging — frequent, consistent and significant
- Inconsistent delivery — Want a monthly pledge? Then you need to offer a monthly reward.
- Successful Patreon strategies that work
- How to UNpublish a Patreon tier
- Encouraging a young cartoonist
Pro Tips: 15 Things to Post of Patreon When You Don’t Know What to Post on Patreon: Great ideas for exclusive rewards