I hated Bonjoro.
I discovered it during the recent Patreon video conference, Hang Time. They were pushing it hard, and I decided to give it a shot.
Bonjoro is an app that you can pair with Patreon that enables you to record a personalized greeting when a new backer makes a pledge. You can also pair Bonjoro with other services such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Slack, MailChimp and Stripe. It works like this:
- Backer pledges to your Patreon account
- You get a notification on your Bonjoro app
- You record a greeting to the person
- You have a “Call To Action” button on the bottom that you can use to link wherever you want
- Send the video greeting and you’re done
Interesting? Sure. But when I tried it out, I found that I couldn’t stand the way I looked. I sounded dumb. And I couldn’t imagine that anything could be worth this amount of trouble. On top of that, the app costs $20 per month.
I didn’t like it at all. In fact, I ridiculed it on ComicLab.
Then something happened…
The content you are trying to access is only available to members.